ArchVISION OFFICE for REVIT 23.1 – Details of all the improvements available in the updated version on 26 04 2022
Extended compatibility with Revit 2023
This video shows and illustrates all the new features available in version 23.1
The management of “Materials in all its aspects” and on “All Revit entities” (blue staves) has been extended and significantly improved, equaling the versatility and modus-operandi always available for configured measurements and referring to the primitives of the entities to be configured and compute (yellow lines).
Basically from this version it will be indifferent to configure the computation criteria in any mode, even hybrid (yellow lines together with blue lines) and they can be configured in the same way, working on the materials you can compute the “Volume”, “Area” parameters and “Thickness” of each layer, with the paints it is possible to calculate capitals, barrel and cross vaults and all the loadable families containing all materials and paints.
The most important innovations involving the context of the materials are the following:
- Management extended to all materials, layers and paints calculated punctually by single “Instance”, by “Family” or at “Global” level.
- The management of the WBS and of the multilevel categorization has also been extended to materials.
- The categorization(SuperCategories, Categories and SubCategories of PriMus) has also been extended on materials.
- The management of conditional instructions “C” has also been extended to materials.
- The management of Instance and Type “P”parameters has also been extended to materials.
- Labeling extended to the materials in each single layer, paint material with numbering (Id Mat) that can be reported in the calculation.
- It is now possible in the presence of an assignment already configured to a material to replace it with another material.
- It is now possible to remove a single association made to a material by instance, by family or by global.
- New “Associate Materials” dialog box, it is now possible to have a complete management of global materials even without anything selected.
- Computation of two or more divided surfaces (Divide Surface) painted (Paint) with different materials both for “Material on Instance” and as “Global Material”.
- Automatically load all the labels needed to label the configured entities “including Materials“
- “20 parameters of type” and “20 parameters per Material” are now available and can be labeled
- In the measurement dialog, placing the name of the original Revit material on a blue line referring to a material in the “Tooltips” of the grid will be displayed.
Increased productivity of the “Measurements” dialog and new features available in this version:
It is now possible to switch from one measurement by “Family” or by “Instance” to another entity without having to exit the measurement dialog and you can remain in editing with cyclical selections and configurations.
New “Preview” button available in the measurements dialog for “Family” or “Instance” which allows you to perform a temporary calculation representing a preview of the calculation of the entity in configuration.
The possibility of introducing a generic, shared and common description reported in the calculation as the first line mentioned before the remaining single measurements has been implemented.
Improved the management of automatic deductions, in the options dialog it is now possible to configure the minimum values of the surfaces of the windows, doors and walls to be evaluated and taken into consideration
Still in the context of automatic deductions, in the measurements dialog with the “Walls” category active, it is possible to deactivate it for each individual measurement, excluding it from the deductions.
In the “Measurements archive (all)” dialog it is now possible to edit, modify and delete measurements even with the choice of the full list active on “All“
By changing a line in the “Measurements” dialog, whatever the quantity of measurements listed and whatever their order, even if modified by the operator, when saving or exiting, the highlighted line is repositioned on the grid always on the last edited rate.
Drag & Drop reliability has been improved and it is now possible, while dragging and pressing the “Control Key” at the same time, the complete replacement of the existing configurations both at the single measurement level or alternatively also all the measurements belonging to the same formula and therefore potentially shared with other measurements.
By starting the “Measurements by Instance” or “Measurements by family” dialog and if nothing is selected, the software now allows the selection of the entity to be configured.
Added the possibility in the “article field” to be able to take the value of an instance or type parameter (“P”) of the entity being computed
Having added the availability and management of the parameter “@Int ()” to be able to generate calculations with integer values (eg number of brackets along a pipe), formulas with, for example, the following syntax will be manageable: @Int(@SumC($Lung$)) = Integer value of a sum of several lengths
The ‘@SumC’, ‘@SumE’, ‘@Int’ and ‘@Sqrt’ parameters are no longer ‘case sensitive’and can now be written in both upper and lower case.
Other useful and interesting news available in this version:
By starting the computation and if there is nothing selected, it is now possible to select in addition to the entire project or only the entities present in the active view, also the entities in a rectangular operator selection window or a single entity to be calculated.
Compatibility extension also with Revit in German
Improved quality and syntax verification of configured formulas
During the generation of the calculations and in the presence of unsolvable formulas, the message has been improved with some clarifying examples of formulas having the correct syntax
In the ordering criteria of the calculations, the grouping by “Shared common text“, “Progressive measurement” and “Article” is now also available, the latter originally intended only for the organization of prints.
The installation procedure now has, if the application is already installed, its simple “Update” or “Restore“